Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Howlin' Halloween

What a fun and festive holiday.  Everyone gets all dressed up and then gets candy.  What's not to like?  I love it because it's very festive and fun and brings people together.   Its also a really fun time for kids.  When I was little, I was a cow, M&M, bunny, Dorothy on The Wizard of Oz, Tinkerbell, and many other things.  This past year's Halloween, I was a clown.  I went to our elementary school and helped out in my costume which was really fun.  There is nothing that I really dislike about Halloween.  A fond memory was last year my friend, Lauryn, and I got all dressed up and she came out in scrubs and a pig nose.  She was the Swine Flu.  It was absolutely hilarious.  Another memory was when I helped out at the elementary school, all of the teachers dressed up.  One was Fancy Nancy, another one a cowgirl, a zoo keeper, and many other fun characters.  The kids were also festive for the holiday.  They were dressed as princesses, mummies, Power Rangers, The Hulk, kitty cats, cheerleaders,and other crazy creatures.  This was a really fun day, especially since we got Pumpkin shaped cookies!  Halloween will always be a holiday that I like, no matter how old I am.  I could see myself in a retirement home when I get old and rolling out of my room in a crazy costume on Halloween!  Now this would be a site to see!

2 comments:

  1. i completely agree. there is nothing to not like about halloween. crazy amounts of candy, costumes and fun. its a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend dressed up a Swine Flu?! That's so creative! Wish I had come up with that one :)

    ReplyDelete