Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Saved Book

If I had to save one book for future generations, I would definitely choose a suspense novel titled "Shattering Glass" written by Gail Giles.  My friend Jessi Enochs showed me this book and told me that I needed to read it.  The book is so full of action and twists that it keeps you wondering the entire time.  The very first paragraph of the book tells the ending of the storyline, but you don't know that at first.  It is a teenage book and I like being able to relate myself to it.  It's about a group of high school boys that help a nerd to become popular by teaching him how to dress, get girls, walk, and be the total package that any girl wants.  But Simon, the nerd, has a reason for letting them do this to him.  He wants to sabotage them and looks through files to find out that one of the boys messes with his father in dirty ways and likes it.  Simon tells the entire school this during prom.  So the posse of boys take Simon away from everyone else and beats him to death with a baseball bat.  It is such a sad ending and makes you feel bad for poor Simon because of the way it is written.  It is as if it throws you into the story.  This is one reason why I liked this book so much.  I mean, how could you not like an action packed book with twists and turns and throws you into the story like you are there?  If you don't like this, you are crazy.  I have read this book more than once and would recommend it to anyone in their earlier years.  It really makes you think how problems can escalate into a pure killing of an innocent teenage boy.  I believe that it may help teenagers survive peer pressure and to find different ways of handling bad situations.  Only good can come out of this book with life lessons and a heart for Simon.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment